Traverse City Light & Power’s board has voted to include a community-wide 100 percent clean energy goal in its strategic plan. Through that goal, the utility plans to achieve 100 percent clean energy by 2040. The ARA Jobs Tour hosted a roundtable discussion on the job creation and other economic benefits of that goal at Traverse City Light & Power’s headquarters.
The panel featured local clean energy businesses, city officials, and utility representatives to discussing the future and economic potential of clean energy in the area and throughout the state.
- Manistee News Advocate (letter, Tyson O’Shea): Veterans perfect fit for renewable energy
- MI 26 News: Officials: Traverse City’s Clean Energy Initiative Will Create Investment, Jobs
- 9&10 News: Traverse City Energy Experts, Officials Look to Veterans to Fill Growing Demand
- Traverse City Light & Power
- CBS Solar
- Northwestern Michigan College
- Traverse City Commission