Alliant Energy and the American Wind Energy Association hosted Sen. Chuck Grassley to present him with a Wind Champion award for his long-standing support of American wind power. As the “grandfather” of the federal production tax credit, the primary incentive for wind power development, Grassley helped spur wind farms and a supply chain in his state that now employ more than 7,000 Iowans.
The Senator also toured Alliant’s Upland Prairie Wind Farm, which is currently under construction near Everly.
- Spencer Daily Reporter: Sen. Grassley accepts ‘U.S. Wind Champion Award’ in Everly
- Fort Dodge Messenger (editorial): Grassley’s leadership singled out
- Fort Dodge Messenger: Sen. Charles Grassley receives US Wind Champion Award
- Fairfield Ledger: Grassley receives ‘U.S. Wind Champion Award
- Estherville News: Grassley holds roundtable Q&A at ILEC
- KMA Land Radio: Iowa News Headlines Monday, August 6
- Cedar Rapids Gazette (editorial): Grassley is an Iowa ‘wind champion’
- Alliant Energy