The growth of the solar and wind industries has created a range of new job opportunities across the nation. The A Renewable America Jobs Tour stopped at Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina on April 24 for a tour of a state-of-the-art solar monitoring control center. They were joined by, among others, Congressman David Price, EVP of Cypress Creek Renewables’ Operations and Maintenance Joe Brotherton, and Director of Control Center Operations Kyle Cooper (and former Duke Energy Brunswick Nuclear Plant employee).
Out of the Cypress Creek Control Center, the company now operates 232 utility, distribution, and rooftop-scale solar facilities totaling more than 2 gigawatts in 14 states across the country.
- News and Observer: A growth spurt bring this solar company’s control center to Durham
- The Herald Sun (NC): A growth spurt brings this solar company’s control center to Durham
- Charlotte Business Journal: Inside Cypress Creek’s New Solar Operations Center
- PV Magazine: Cypress Creek opens solar control center in North Carolina
- Solar Builder Magazine: Cypress Creek Renewables opens new solar O&M control center
- Solar Power World Online: Cypress Creek opens solar control center in North Carolina
- Solar Industry Magazine: Cypress Creek opens national solar control center in N.C.